ACCESS – Upon arrival, we guide residents through the process of receiving Medical which funds healthcare for low-income individuals who are below the age of 65. If they are eligible, we will guide them through the Medicare process.
NAVIGATION TRAINING — We train residents on how to use their health coverage outside of the prison system.
ENCOURAGING CARE – We help residents adapt to the “outside” healthcare model. Residents often have anxiety around medical care from “inside” experiences.
- We help residents schedule doctor’s appointments and use pharmacies to access prescription drugs.
- We educate residents about preventive healthcare so that they can optimize their quality of care.
RECEIVING CARE – We educate residents and facilitate the receipt of the following:
- Dental care – preventative and acute care
- Vision care – exams and aids such as glasses or contacts
- General Medical care – preventative and acute care
- Psychiatric care – care through POC (parole outpatient clinic) and outside referrals
- Therapy – onsite individual therapy sessions